Finding feeds and podcast requires a bit more work as there is no single place or search engine that indexes all feeds or podcasts. Here are some tips on how we search and subscribe to feeds and podcasts:
- The best way is to search on your desktop using Google/Yahoo/Bing or any other search engine. When searching include the word "podcast" or "rss feed" in the search text (for example "NBA podcast" or "NBA rss feed")
- There are many dedicated podcast directories like: www.digitalpodcast.com, podcast.com, www.podcastalley.com, www.podnova.com and many others. They offer various ways to browse and search for your favorite podcast.
- Once you find the correct podcast, subscribe to it in Google Reader reader.google.com. Google Reader is Google's free web based RSS reader (almost all podcasts provide it as an option to subscribe with it). Once the feeds are in Reader, you can import the subscriptions to BeyondPod using Menu > Add Feed > Import from Google Reader.
- If you don't want to use Google Reader, you can just send an e-mail with the feed urls to your device and then copy/paste the individual feeds in BeyondPod's "Add Feed" dialog.
- Another alternative is to find and subscribe to the podcasts you are looking for in iTunes and then export the subscriptions to BeyondPod. In iTunes, right click on "Podcasts" under "Library" and select "Export...". Save the subscriptions as an OPML file (for example iTunesFeeds.opml). Copy iTunesFeeds.opm to "BeyondPod" folder on your SD card. Open BeyondPod and select Menu > Add Feed > Import from OPML file, Select iTunesFeeds.opml from the list and tap on "Load OPML File".